St. Anthony School Kailua Summer School 2020
New SAS Students are Strongly Encouraged to Attend.
Please choose classes for the grade that your child will be entering this 2020 – 2021 School Year.
Early Learning Center
Early Learning Fun (Full Session)
This class is held in the Early Learning Center and is open to 4 year olds entering Pre-Kindergarten. Enrollment is limited and priority will be given to current and new students entering our Early Learning Program PreKindergarten Class. Students will learn through exploration and creative play: using art, music, and centers. Each student must bring a mid-morning snack and a water bottle.
Kindergarten – 5th Grade
- We strongly encourage all new students to our school to attend the Summer School Program K-8
- Each student should bring a mid-morning snack.
- If enrolling in After School Care: please bring a Home Lunch; afternoon snack provided.
Almost Kindergarten (Full Session)
Entering kindergarten is exciting and challenging. This summer class will introduce the children to the routine, curriculum schedule and environment of Kindergarten. The children will get acquainted with other kindergartners and make new friends. Attending this session makes the transition to Kindergarten easier. Each student must bring a mid-morning snack.
First Grade is Full of Life (Full Session)
Students in this class are introduced to the Life of a first grader. The emphasis will be on strengthening the academic and social skills they learned in Kindergarten.
Second Grade is on an Adventure (Full Session)
Students will strengthen and expand basic skills learned in the first grade through an integrated curriculum and Adventures in reading, writing, phonics, math, art and music.
Third Grade will Explore (Full Session)
A review of second grade skills such as; math, reading, writing, phonics, and comprehension, while Exploring some of the expectations of a third grader will help to make the upcoming year exciting and successful.
Fourth Grade goes on a Quest (Full Session)
A review of third grade subjects using projects, reading, writing and presentations will help guide fourth grade students on their Quest to having a wonderful school year.
Fifth Grade begins the Transition (Full Session)
A review of their academic foundation using projects, reading, writing and presentations will help fifth grade students have a more enjoyable and productive school year.
Session I – 8:00AM – 9:45AM Session II – 10:00AM – 11:45AM
($275 per Session – $550.00 Both)
Sixth Grade gets a “Jump Start” Session I – Math & Session II – Language Arts
Get a ‘Jump Start’ on 6th grade by reviewing what you had in your previous grade in Math and Language Arts class using different methods of teaching through art, music, projects; giving you a ‘Jump Start’ on the new year.
Seventh and Eighth Grade is “Looking Ahead” Session I – Language Arts & Session II – Math
Students will review what they learned in reading, writing and arithmetic which strengthens their skills. We will also delve into some learning strategies and Study Skills. As Middle Schoolers they are being taught to be critical thinkers and problem solvers.
Classes may be canceled or possibly combined depending on enrollment.
Refunds will be given if classes are canceled.
Things to Know
- Please call the school office by 8am to report any absences, if tardy report to the office to sign-in. Regular attendance is expected and vacations are discouraged during this time.
- If a child becomes ill a parent/emergency contact person will be called to pick them up.
- Dress Code: appropriate, non-uniform, clothes may be worn. Please be mindful of what is acceptable attire. Closed athletic shoes or sandals with a back strap are ok – no slippers. Hats only for recess and ASC. Watches may be worn except Smart/Apple watches, and girls may wear stud earrings, no other jewelry is allowed. Parents will be called to bring a change of clothes if attire is deemed inappropriate.
- Students are not allowed to use their phones while on campus. They may use the office phone. No pictures are allowed to be taken or other non-approved use of technology.
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a caring and safe manner at all times. Any violent behavior or disrespect towards staff, students or property can result in dismissal; without a refund. *Please see the Parent/Student handbook on our website for further information: www.saskailua.org
- Progress Reports will be distributed at the half-way point and the end of Summer School.
Morning and After School Care Program
Please bring a Home Lunch, Afternoon Snack Provided.
- Morning Care: 6:30am – 7:45am
- PreK & Kinder. After School Care: 11:45am–5:30pm
- 1st – 8th After School Care: 11:45 – 5:30pm
After School Care PK & K: 11:45am – 5:30pm
Located in ELC Building. Students bring a Home Lunch, Afternoon Snack will be provided take a nap, play outside, read, do arts & crafts, have an afternoon snack, and other enriching activities; in a safe and caring environment.
After School Care 1st – 8th: 11:45am – 5:30pm
Located in the Art Room. Students bring a Home Lunch, Afternoon Snack will be provided. They will play outside, have quiet time where they can read and complete Summer School homework, do arts & crafts, board games and other enriching activities; in a safe and caring environment.
There are also other activities that may be planned such as water play, picnic time and excursions.